Shifts, interruptions, cuts, flux variations, temporary vacuums and coding errors in and between the images, are the aesthetic materials of the performance that will translate the possibilities and the limits of our capacities to be together in a cyberized environment.
New technologies for collaboration exist and are ameliorated every day. But what about our human capacities? And how are these changed by the same technological means?
How do power relations in a group collaborating via the Internet develop ? Which models are adequate? How is this collaboration influenced by physical absence, delays in the communication and distortions of the images and sounds ? How do groups articulate differences?
By means of workshops and residencies this project leads to a series of experimental performances in virtual and/or real space, where several performers each from their isolated positions, scattered in space, share a space of expression and responsibility, a playground, a laboratory.
About relational dynamics in a dispersed group.
- Continuation of Huis Clos / No Exit - On Translation, Series of 5 performances, might end with a
real life performance: 6 net artists meet for three days in a 6 x 6 m transparent space.
- Continue experiments with actors: experimenting theater with remote actors, actors moving between the spectators and including these in the performance. First occasion: Workshop Le manège.mons/CECN,Belgium, 11 - 15 October 2010, Presentation 15 Oct. 5 pm.
- Installation with six webcam stations for 6 visitors at a time, making them interact via a pre-recorded audio script.
Derivate future projects
- A Meeting is a Meeting is a Meeting
: Ten 5 min performances with Antye Greie during North by North Western Arts Festival, Wigan, England 5 - 15 08 2010.
- What we don't like [Angry Women]
: Telematic performance with 15 globally dispersed female artists united in one projection space. All the ladies will start telling, expressing their anger, watching straight in their webcam at t=0. Performance will last as long as there is still one lady talking. Looking for a venue.
Communication is never clean, smooth and transparent.